Sunday, April 17, 2005

Manifesto for a Blog

A manifesto is a public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature. A manifest, from which the word manifesto comes, is (as a noun) a cargo list for a ship, or a list of cargo and passengers for an airplane.  So this is both the purpose FOR the blog, and the "baggage" that comes with me in the blog.

I hereby resolve to post only things that God would be well pleased to read. This means, at the very least:
  • to post only things which pass the four-way test developed in 1932 by the man who gave the land to a camp I love:
        Of the things we think, say or do:
        1. Is it the TRUTH?
        2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
        3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
        4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?


  • to post about things that bring me joy. I'm not going to pretend my life has no problems, but that's not what I want this blog to be about.

  • to post at least two times a week... I'm currently planning on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

  • to post no more than four times a week, so as to build goodwill with and be beneficial to my children (by not ignoring the necessity of cooking supper, doing laundry, and interacting with them on a social level!)

  • to not whine in my postings, nor apologize for not posting.

  • to keep a record of craft projects (finished and unfinished) for myself and anyone who wants ideas

  • to reconstruct old craft information in order to transition away from the ad-packed 'free' webpages where my craft website currently is

  • to keep notes on my garden so that I can remember where I planted everything, when things come up, etc.

  • to have fun, to enjoy, to delight in God's creation (and the excellent works of many of his people, too!)


  • ...and to not let my children drink too much ginger ale while I'm busy blogging.


I think that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home