Monday, May 30, 2005

Gardening thrills

It seems like everything is blooming now, even wildflowers. It's great to see.

Nodding Trillium:


Wood Anenome:


as well as dewberries (a seedy and early wild raspberry) and forget-me-nots, and there are white flowers on many small trees in the area that I think are ash.. (I haven't looked it up) ...beautiful.


Here is one little patch of my herb garden that actually looks nice, with tarragon, oregano thyme, and salad burnet. The asparagus I didn't cut looks weedy, and the reseeding annuals haven't gotten started yet, and the deer and bunnies have cropped some of my plants and a few died... so most of my garden looks barren.


Here is my big happy garden surprise for this year: the first year of blossoms on my apple tree we planted about eight years ago! I'm trying not to get too excited about apples, and telling myself even if I just have blossoms will be wonderful enough, after eight years of just leaves!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, apple tree!!!

Are you taking all these pix with your camera-like-ours? You sure take good shots!

Wood Anemone ... now I need to find the pix from my eaten-graden-blog and see if that's what I was trying to identify -- are they tiny?

Kim

5/30/2005 3:47 PM  

<< Home