Saturday, May 21, 2005

I needed a new craft...



...like I needed another hole in my head. But what else are you to do when your six-year-old son comes home from Kindergarten excited because they got to make their own paper, and it was one of your best friends who showed the class, and this same friend is generously letting you borrow all her papermaking equipment this summer?





Yesterday we made our first batch while the babies napped. BigE remembered the entire process correctly and was a patient teacher for me and Chickie! We had a lot of fun. Click here to view a whole finished sheet.

I can see where this would be addictive.

Thanks, Gayle!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear ...

how far lost am I if doing laundry sounds better than letting children make paper? I mean, making paper sounds cooler ... but also more work ... messier ... and would open their little minds up to the idea that there are even MORE messy and time consuming crafts out there that they could be doing ... don't let them see this blog entry! ;)

Kim-the-lame (although I did let the children have a 'pizza picnic' yesterday - is that at least a little fun-mom?)

5/21/2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

the operative word here is discipline.

I don't have any.

If I skip laundry and dishes to do crafts with my kids, and then skip sleep to catch up on laundry and dishes, and then I'm crabby, have my kids REALLY gained anything? I dunno.

Besides, don't you have the baby less than a month old excuse? This is the first mess we've intentionally made in a year and a half, since I was hugely pregnant with Mac and Bubbie...

By the way, I groan at the idea of a picnic, too. I even groan at sitting down to an imaginary tea party, because it seems like a waste of time to me. Not that I could be doing laundry, but I could be making something!

Now that's pathetic.

:-)

5/21/2005 3:38 PM  

<< Home