Friday, June 17, 2005

Jewels

I'm not much of a jewelry person, but I had to share the beautiful works of art I saw yesterday in two local boutiques on my walk through town.

The first boutique, Front Yard Garden, is practically in my front yard (really!) and it had on display a lovely cluster of what appears to be tiny pieces of jade set in silver, with just a few sapphires thrown in. Whatever it is, it's fit for a princess. I love the shape of the tiny jewels. (The whole creation is less than half an inch across... such detail!) I love the subtle shadings of green and blue. I love how they look almost transparent. The creation is called "allium azureum about to bloom" and is made locally by one of my favorite artists, God himself.



The second boutique, Shoulder of the Road, I discovered a half-mile down the road, just over the creek bridge. This work looks like it could be cloisonne. It could belong to a wealthy dowager duchess. I love the combination of dark red and pale green. I love the voluptuous shape. I love the gold filaments at the top. There were several variations on the theme at the Shoulder of the Road, all charming, but this one was my favorite. "Goats-beard just finished blooming", also made by God.



The most interesting thing to me about these works is that if I think of them as flowers, they aren't particularly noteworthy. But as jewels - well - they are incredible masterpieces. Their shapes and colors have been in my head all day today. If three-dimensional artwork wasn't so foreign to me I'm sure I'd be full of ideas for jewelry, stuffed creations, pottery and so on. As it is I'm thinking of screenprints and paintings (all of them probably far, far ahead in my future.)

Next time I visit these boutiques these jewels will be sold already. I'm glad I got pictures while I could. But knowing God's infinite creativity, there will be more fascinating work to admire next time I go out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

Those are really neat pictures. You had me going with the art boutique theme, I was trying to picture you wandering down your "main street" and thinking that there weren't any art boutiques, but then trying to convince myself, "well, it is a resorty place in the summer..." -- I'm a little slow on the subtle today.

I like your way of seeing things. :)

6/18/2005 8:10 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Very very pretty, Kel. Lovely.

6/18/2005 10:11 AM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Hey I caught on right away, most of my "sightings" I think harken back to "God Hunts" in nature. Yesterday we spotted a skink, wild strawberrys, a three-legged turtle, pinks, cinquefoils, and a lot of milkweed but no monarch eggs which was the original reason for going to the CNC wet-lands..
For me just being outside is a blessing and if you have grandkids or otherspotters you are able to "see" so much more. It causes me to give thanks - God values us so much he places these "gems" in our sight - will we walk by on the way to do something else or appreciate.

6/18/2005 11:48 AM  

<< Home