Thursday, July 21, 2005

all God's critters

I set out to take pictures of my garden flowers, but instead got pictures of...


a spider on my black-eyed susan,


a bee on my bee balm,


a tiny caterpillar on my marguerites,


...and a monarch butterfly on my milkweed.

No more blogging about death: my yard and garden are more alive than I ever realized.

We have red baneberries and red currants fruiting, soon to have wild raspberries as well.

New garden flowers are bee balm, elfin thyme, nasturtiums, and showy evening primrose.

New wildflowers include goldenrod, mullein, pearly everlasting, shinleaf, and white sweet clover. (There's probably more, but I haven't been out to really look in awhile.)

1 Comments:

Blogger slugmom said...

Neat pictures. I love the bee in motion on the frozen bee balm ... :)

Kim

7/21/2005 9:15 AM  

<< Home