Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Bragging rights

Look, look, look what Papa brought home from work today! It tilts! it pans! and it clicks the camera shutter! BigE, below, is testing it out while the whole family watches (Mac pictured here with the bottom half of BigE's face)



...but we can't attach our new KAP rig to the kite without a Picavet. (PICK-uh-vay, as we keep telling ourselves. PICK-uh-vay, not "pivva-kett" like we misprounounced it for the first two weeks we read online articles about it.) A Picavet is a cross-shaped piece of metal or wood, like Pinocchio-type dancing dolls are suspended from - it's for suspending a camera from a kite, which gives it a little bit of stability in the wind.



Immediately I rushed down to the bathroom.

To take a remote-controlled portrait of the KAP rig, of course. This, the only decent camera in the house, can't take a picture of itself otherwise, and the bathroom is the only mirror in the house. (You can also see where my son got his self-portrait skills from!)

I can't believe my amazing husband, the creative and mechanical genius, who is also amazingly generous, has gotten it together so quickly, AND has not abandoned me to take care of the kids alone while he tinkers in the shop. Woo hoo! He's a great guy.

And I'm excited to try it out - if my kids will let me. They think it's a lot of fun, too.



My generous husband also informed me that if I run low on crafty blog content, I can fill up a few entries with his blacksmithing and other metalworking endeavors. Seeing as he is so kind (and such a good artist), I might just do that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jon said...

Omigosh, how cool is that. But now I've never wanted someone else to get a picavet so badly in my entire life.

7/06/2005 10:14 PM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Wow, I too am wanting you to have a picavet even if I can't say it! Looks like you are able to control it quite well on the ground.

7/07/2005 9:43 AM  

<< Home