Sunday, July 03, 2005

OK, now it's a meme

My sister wants to be thankful too, but doesn't want to look like a copy-cat. I think it's time to create a meme about thankfulness and tag her with it, because as everyone savvy to the blog-world knows, a meme is license to be a copy cat. Indeed, it virtually obligates you to copy.

So here it is. Tag, Kim--and anyone else who reads my blog and wants to participate--you're it. Follow the format as tightly or loosely as you want. My answers are in my previous blog entry.


  • What are you thankful for in your life this week as compared to last week?
  • This year, as compared to last year?
  • This past decade, or 20 years, or more?

  • What about your family are you thankful for?
  • What about your spouse (if you have one) or a good friend are you thankful for?

  • If you have ever lived or worked among people poorer than you, what did you discover about your own life?
  • What basic necessities do you have that you take for granted?
  • What luxuries do you have that you take for granted?

  • What things are you tempted to complain about which (if you look closely) also reflect great blessings?
  • for example, Daniel being at work today means that he has a job. And it's a job that he can use his gifts in, and that he largely enjoys, to boot!

  • What are you thankful for in your house?
  • In your neighborhood?
  • In the surrounding area (city, town, county) near where you live?

  • What can you look forward to, God willing, in the next week?
  • In the next year?
  • In the next decade, or 20 years, or more?

  • What else are you thankful for?

  • Now you can tag three other people if you want.
    But before you do, spend some time thanking God for these things that he's given you.

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Karin said...

    Hoh boy..Ok...I'll give it some thought, Kel...we'll see what I can come up with! ;)

    Love to you again!

    7/03/2005 4:03 PM  
    Blogger Karin said...

    and I had never heard of a 'meme' so...guess I've become more blog saavy than I was an hour ago! ;)

    7/03/2005 4:04 PM  
    Anonymous kim said...

    hey, where's the comment I left? I thought fer sure I left one from Moog's house. I said "hey, you called my bluff!" and then said it was a good idea and I'd seen the idea but not known they were called meme's. I better hurry and do it so I can tag someone before they read it on your blog! :)

    7/03/2005 7:10 PM  
    Blogger Moogie said...

    I am thankful I saw the meme and can work on a reply without getting tagged

    7/04/2005 11:30 AM  

    << Home