Monday, October 24, 2005

OttoMatic



Scratch the pumpkins and kitties for Halloween costumes. When BigE, Chickie and I re-discovered last year's "super hero" costume for spirit week at school, they both decided they want to be OttoMatic this year for Halloween. I'm not wild about gun-toting superheroes, but at least Otto is a grade-B science fiction alien robot saving the human race from brain-sucking aliens...

The mask is the bottom of a milk jug, with eye holes cut in it and pipe cleaners inserted into slits the top and duct-taped in place on the inside.
The "mahooka" (as a four-year-old that was BigE's word for bazooka, a.k.a. Otto's big gun) is the top of a one-liter soda bottle hot-glued to the handle of the same milk jug.



The iron-on transfer on the shirt is probably the most expensive part of the costume. We took a screen shot of the game's main menu (option+apple+3 on the Mac) and printed it out on a t-shirt transfer.

Now both kids want to be Otto. Chickie wants to be "a girl otto". I'll have to find some bows to tie on top of her antennas, I guess. We've got the milk jugs and t-shirt transfers... and now I suppose it's up to me to drink some more soda.

4 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

your pictures aren't loading for me today ~ not just the new ones but the old ones that I've seen before ... not sure why :(

10/24/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

not loading for me either, even as direct links. Sigh. Buzznet isn't the best... has been inexplicably down about once every other month, for a day or more... but the price (free!) is right, and I get more control over photo sizing with them than with Blogger. And I can hoard all my Flickr space for our KAP photos.

10/24/2005 5:21 PM  
Blogger Wool Winder said...

Can't see the pictures, but the costume sounds great. Original designs are the best...more work than ready made, but more fun too.

10/25/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger Wool Winder said...

I can see the pictures now and the costume is better than I even imagined.

10/26/2005 9:06 AM  

<< Home