Tuesday, November 08, 2005

closure

I don't like feeling closed in. I like windows. I like possibilities. I like options. But there are times closure is a good thing. This is one of those times.



This past weekend Daniel started enclosing our porch. His friend Bumpus came by to help, too.



I will miss our porch and having as much light in our kitchen. But I am thrilled to have a room to put our winter coats and muddy boots in, instead of having them all in our living room.



And I'm excited that we can move our chest freezer onto the porch, and have enough room in the kitchen for all six of us to eat together at the table.



And I'm convinced that when we paint the walls of our porch it won't look so much like we have a deer blind attached to our house.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karin said...

bwah hah hah...a deer blind...!

A front porch to store coats and boots sounds lovely. I wish we had any kind of mudroom of sorts. As it is, big guys keep their coats, etc. in their rooms, Fred, Mike & I store in the kitchen. May the increased room in your kitchen bring much Joy around the table!

11/08/2005 2:09 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

*giggle* the deer blind got me, too!

I sometimes think it would be nice to enclose the space between our font door and not-quite-attached garage, making maybe a mud-coat-laundry room. Well, maybe two rooms, a welcoming entry and then the mud room behind ... but adding to this sprawling house is silly, really. Maybe I should make the "family room" into the dining room and the dining room into a mud room .... of course, then we'd have to bring dishes & food through the mud room to serve ... LOL

Like Karin, I hope the new space gives you much joy!

:)
kim

11/08/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Wool Winder said...

Your boys seem completely enthralled with the work daddy is doing on the porch. Love that picture!

11/09/2005 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home