Monday, November 14, 2005

made with love and a crayon

After a long break from font-making, I created two new fonts this weekend. Or rather, my kids did.

Chickie wrote out the alphabet with black crayon on paper and then begged me to "put it into the computer".



It's now a Kindergarten Crayon font, and it's yours for the downloading. Extra-large, it looks like...



When BigE saw the final product, he got out his own crayons:



And produced Crayon Curlicue, now yours for the downloading. Extra-large, it looks like...



As you can see, I didn't spend any time touching up the fonts, I just took them as they were scanned. It made my job easy (less than four hours apiece!) and preserved that drawn-by-young-children effect at the same time. What could be easier or more fun? So I have a hunch I'll be making some fonts for Christmas presents...

1 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

Too too too cute, I love them both. I'm a big fan of curlicues, myself. Very fun. And neat that Chickie requested this, after the first Chickie-font-attempt didn't initially get rave reviews from Chickie. :) Q'pla!

11/14/2005 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home