Thursday, November 03, 2005

November blues



The leaves are, for the most part, off of the trees. My garden is largely dead. Daylight losing time has begun (now that daylight saving time is over) and it gets dark before suppertime. I've got the November blues....



but I'm so very thankful that even blue can be beautiful.



The flowers above are frost-bitten pinks and a bachelor button.

The leaves shown here fell off our silver poplar onto our blue (and frost-covered) ten-year-old minivan. (You can click on either leaf photo to get to the bigger one posted at Flickr.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

those are awesome photos!

I can't wait for a frosty morning here. Although I should learn about my camera's focus and macro first!

11/03/2005 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Siri said...

Such oddly STUNNING photos. A bit of the blues around here, too. Thank you for taking a sharing those pictures.

11/03/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Wool Winder said...

Beautiful photos!

11/04/2005 8:27 AM  
Anonymous lyn said...

Beautiful photos and very beautiful children - you have twins ?, how come you're not completely ga-ga ?

11/04/2005 4:11 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Thanks everyone!

Lyn - Keeping the blog and taking the pictures and remembering all the good things God has given me (whether flowers, or fun moments with the kids, or the occasional craft) has really kept me from going completely ga-ga.... though I think I'm usually MOSTLY ga-ga. ;-)

Kim - I'm enjoying your photos at flickr, I think you're doing great!

11/05/2005 10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home