Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I'm famous! (kind of)

My sister-in-law Karin on the west coast has a sister-in-law Tracy on the east coast ...who also has a blog. I've actually met her once or twice. So occasionally I pop over to my sister-in-law-in-law's blog* to see how she and her family are doing.

Imagine my surprise at seeing this at my last visit!



Tracy's making my quilt! The dancing stars I doodled out several years ago and blogged about last June.

She has an extraordinary eye for color; she went above and beyond the "yellow stars and blue background" I envisioned (below), and it looks beautiful. It's even made out of leftover scraps, isn't that fabulous?



It makes me so happy to see it become a real quilt! Someday I'll be able to make it too... I can't wait!

(*even funnier, my sister Kim also occasionally visits Tracy's blog... she would be Tracy's sister-in-law-in-law's sister! It's a small, small world... or else a big, big family!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Karin said...

I'll go with "big big family". Yay, indeed! xoxo

3/08/2006 9:40 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

you're a famous designer!

3/08/2006 12:22 PM  
Blogger tracy said...

IF you design it I will sew it!!

I agree with the "big, big, family"

3/08/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Yes, you are famous! Thanks
for sharing...

3/10/2006 8:27 AM  
Blogger Dawn Penguin said...

I'm your sister Kim's friend, so I'm Tracy's sister-in-law-in-law's sister's friend LOL!!

Incidentally, you're the only other person I've ever seen use "in-law-in-law" ... I have a brother-in-law-in-law who insists we are actually "of no relation" ... :-P

4/26/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home