Sunday, April 09, 2006

addendum to self

P.S. Self--

I've been reconsidering my recommendation at planting crocuses under the aforementioned cedar tree.

Sure, it's sunny all day there...



but the wildlife is another consideration.



How about some nice bright yellow Winter Aconite instead?

Or perhaps some Spring Meadow Saffron - Bulbicodium Vernum. Which is disappointingly pale pink, but is lovely otherwise and something the critters won't like.

Meanwhile, self, I have had a bit of bright color in the backyard, in the form of a pileated woodpecker and a downy woodpecker.



So if you're fabulously wealthy in July, you can buy me a camera with a quality zoom lens and tripod, so I can take better photos of the wildlife.



After you buy me my winter aconite, that is.

Thanks again,
love, Me

1 Comments:

Anonymous kim said...

Hey, cool! I scared the one wood pecker away that came here. Will the squirrels/chipmunks eat up crocus bulbs? I have a lot of squirrels in my yard.

I was thinking about a camera, too -- I am really not having great luck with the auto focus on my macro -- or the "manual" focus which is just moving a logrithmic slider to the distance you *guess* you are away from your subject ... and the view screen in bright daylight is not very helpful ....

4/09/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home